kitchen tap hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my kitchen sink tap is leaking and I would like to replace it. I bought it from Ikea 10 years ago and cannot remember if the sink already had a hole or not. If it had, I assume it can be matched with most taps. But what if the hole was drilled in the sink for the tab I got? If it was, did it have to match the specific size of the tap? It has a 19 cm circumference, bigger than usual. My query now is: how can I find out if the hole is of a standard size? Not easy to see from the bottom. And very importantly I don't want to remove the leaking tap until I have bought the right new one.
Thank you so much.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
And very importantly I don't want to remove the leaking tap until I have bought the right new one.
Thank you so much.
Chicken and egg then - you won't know whether the new one will fit until you've removed the old one and measured the size of the hole. Going to have to take the plunge one way or the other. IKEA have a nasty habit of making things in weird sizes

Thank you. Sorry I thought I had replied. Might need to get back to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back