Kitchen Tap Removal.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Today i have set about going to change my mono-bloc kitchen tap.

Once i cleared out the cupboard i came across this odd looking fixing holding the tap to the sink, it would seem i now have to remove the tails before i can unscrew this fixing, i have looked for this type of fixing online but to no avail.
IMAG2517.jpg

If anyone knows how to remove this easily them i would gratefully appreciate there knowledge.

Regards

Daniel

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Isolate the hot and cold water supply. Remove the 2 hoses from the tap base. Then turn the u-shaped metal piece anti clockwise. Or hold the u-shaped metal piece and unscrew the tap if you have extra long arms.....

Normally, there should be a slot at the bottom of the rod so you could use a screwdriver, but yours doesn't seem to.

Report back, let us know how you got on.

Thanks, ill give it a go and let you know, did you mean unscrew the tails from the tap itself as i find it very hard to get to the ends right up in the base of the tap?

I'd love to see this fixing when you finally get it off. There doesn't seem enough meat for anything contained in the bent up piece of metal to have thread put through it the size of the threaded rod shown. Theres no chance the circular bit shown just levers off the thread moving sideways away from the threaded rod? Failing that I might be tempted to undo the braided hoses at the service valve end and see if they push out of the way enough at the tap end for that piece of metal to rotate without fouling. Good luck

Sponsored Links
The white plastic piece looks like it is a monobloc tap support put on backwards. If you can't get access then I'd be tempted to crack the sink seal and remove it out of the worktop.

What's the betting that this tap - whatever it may be - was assembled with the sink on the bench, then the tails connected, then the sink dropped through the 'ole in the work top :eek:
I cant see any way of shifting those tails in situ!
John :)

Yup, that's where I was coming from, if no access then the sinkt may have to come out of the worktop.

Well the new tap arrives tomorrow so ill be stripping it down then, ill take photos as i go to show you how i get on, i did think like some of you was it installed before the sink was put in place. If i do have to take it all out its going to become a big job as its a large sink and the other half is over the washing machine so that will have to come out also.

Wish me luck!

Hi guys the new tap only arrived today so ill be doing it tomorrow, thank you for all your advice, ill be submitting pics asap on how i get on.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, just been so busy at work, well i got the old one off in the end, took some brute force and off it came, the funny bit is that dam clip fell behind the cupboard below when i was unscrewing it (probably the best place for it!!) once i got the old tap off and cleaned up the sink it was a breeze to install the nice new one. I do have some pics will upload soon, thanks again for all you help. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back