kitchen unit nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bit limited with wall space but everything worked out on one wall, got me extractor in and a couple of glass doored units either side, looks a treat. then i opened the door on both units and it is hitting the glass hood on the extractor, not long before the glass on both units will smash. and ikea have stopped making kalsebo doors now, does anyone know of something i could fix to the glass on the extractor hood to stop it breaking the glass on the unit doors. :(

Sponsored Links
Had a similar problem and got some of those self adhesive pads that look like clear bubbles.
Wilko sell them at about 98p for 100.

They prevent the doors banging against the glass just as long as you are careful when opening them.

dave

ye good call dave, i noticed they have got some things for furniture to stop babies catching their heads on the corners, clear and fixed with double sided tape. just type in "corner cushions" on ebay and you will see what i mean, i could also take the glass bit off, its only 6 screws, but it will just look naff. im also toying with the idea of getting the corner of the glass on the extractor hood cut, but it is polished and buffed. think would be an expensive job.

dunno why i didnt think of it before, got some 90 degree hiinges, had to order them, think that will solve the problem.

Sponsored Links
yes stephen, thats what my g.friend said, unfortunately there are 2 doors per unit, so not possible, your idea is a goodun if it was only one door, but thanks anyway. put some 90 degree hinges on, evidently the ironmonger reckons its a common problem, he had loads of em, sorted for £6.29, whew.... what a relief.... works a treat.... and of course i told the family that was the plan from the beginning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back