Kitchen units from floor to ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, at one side of our kitchen there is a boiler about 1/2 way up the wall and all pipework etc running up from it into the ceiling - over 3m high. I want to have this all hidden behind doors, and create some extra storage etc. Only problem is, the highest kitchen units available are only a fraction over 2m. How do I go about extending to the full ceiling height??

Generally, can base units be stacked on top of each other if the legs are removed, without leaving any unsightly gaps between doors? I suppose a wall unit could be placed on top of a base unit, but their depth won't be enough.

Just to make things a bit more difficult, I need the cabinets to be available in 800mm wide to allow enough clearance o_O

Sponsored Links
just been googling, and apparently it is possible to stack base units. The advice being to make sure you secure the top ones to the wall.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
You could use a full height unit and box in above the boiler, did this in a kitchen to hide lots of pipes and cables.

Sponsored Links
Don't forget to allow adequate ventilation for your boiler when you put units around it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back