kitchen - wall and floor end panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm fitting a gloss white kitchen and it comes with end panels to stick on to an end run of units. they are quite heavy.

has anyone done this before and what method did you use to stick them together? i think they could be screwed on from the inside with the right length screws, or to avoid screws, some sort of strong glue and clamped for a day or two.

i'd like to know the proper way of doing this and what product to use? i've just had a look in screwfix and theres about 50 different grab adhesive type products!

Sponsored Links
Screw from the inside, use about 4 screws, two at the front can be hidden by hinge plate or use an unused hinge hole depending on what side the door is hung. Spare shelf holes can be used at the back or drill as required. I use 3.5 x 30 screws with 18mm carcases and panels

Jason

thanks for that. would you recommend drilling a pilot hole in the correct place in the end panel first or just driving the screw through the shelf hole and letting it drill into the end panel itself?

I wouldn't glue anything to do with decor panels, you might want to give the kitchen a makeover by just changing the doors and panels in a few years time :cool:

Sponsored Links
Drill the carcases 4mm then the screw will pass through and pull the panel in tight. No need to drill panel. Best to clamp it in place so it does not move as you screw.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back