Kitchen Waste Pipe Made Of...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CARDBOARD!

Forgot I still had these pictures from a while back. Odd job man came to fit a carpet for us and we asked him if he could do something with our kitchen waste pipe as it wasn't long enough to reach the gulley so he said he'd have a look at it. We went out for the day. He obviously came up with the bright idea of using the left over cardboard tube from the carpet in order to join the pipe :mrgreen:. As I recall, he'd already left by the time we got home. I wonder why!

The only pipe which doesn't require pipe clips!

The pipe was later replaced with a 40mm PVCu pipe, manufactured to BS EN 1451-1: 2000 / BS 5254, once the cardboard pipe had exceeded its lifespan (disintegrated!)

Sponsored Links
Well certaily got you out of trouble for a while, have you checked if he fitted your carpet down with solvet weld adhesive or plumbers mastic? :D

Well certaily got you out of trouble for a while, have you checked if he fitted your carpet down with solvet weld adhesive or plumbers mastic? :D

Didn't even use that mate that's how much of a cowboy he is :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Will you be hiring him again?

I won't, but I highly recommend him to anyone who wishes to have a kitchen waste pipe made of cardboard installed and needs a carpet simply placing on the floor with no gripper rods and not even plumber's mastic!

Experience Is The Best Knowledge You Can Possibly Have, So... Keep A Record Of It!

Experience is the thing that you get right after you need it.

Yeah, unfortunately you're right there, for sure. Doesn't always apply unless the same situation rearises in the future. I mainly keep a record of experiences for tasks that I know I will definitely encounter at some point in time though. For example: A recent problem involving a cable wedged between two hot water pipes. If ever I encounter the same scenario in the future, I have a record of what I did to resolve it :mrgreen: This record is called: yep, you've guessed it: experience ;) This somewhat overrules information to a fair degree as you may or may not always find the information you're particularly looking for.

What do you reckon? Or am I just talking complete garbage? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back