kitchen waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently discovered a leak from the waste pipe in the kitchen. :( There is a T piece into which the sink and dish washer enters. The other part of the T goes directly into the sewage pipe from the upstairs toilet. Problem I have is it would appear The T piece and the pipe entering the sewage pipe is Slightly larger diameter than the pipe from the dishwasher ( 40mm pipe from dishwasher has been siliconed into the T piece and has started to leak) I believe the T piece and pipe going to the sewage pipe is of the glue variety. My question is, Can you get an adaptor of some king to conver the glue type T piece to allow me to 'push fit' the slightly smaller 40mm pipe into the T piece? Access is limited so this would be a fix I could perform without removing kitchen units.
Thanks, Jon

Sponsored Links
another option available at plumbers merchants is a McAlpine Multifit range which has straight couplings, tees and bends which will allow you adapt and find something to suit

Thanks for the advice but Im still strugling. Bought the straight conector part from screwfix but the pipe going from the T to the sewage pipe is too large!
It would appear, the newer pipe from the dishwasher has an external diameter of 40mm, while the older pipe (sewage pipe to the T) has an internal diameter of 40mm so approx 43mm external. I cannot buy any of the larger diametr anymore.
Went to my local plumb centre for advice, 2 guys behind the counter and me discussing the issue. The person who knew most about plumbing was me! :eek: and ive only ever worked on cars.
I was hoping that you can get a rubber insert to fit into the larger T to reduce the diameter to suit the pipe coming from the dishwasher

Sponsored Links
Solvent weld PVC or ABS pipe is 43mm external diameter, although it's marketed as 40mm. It's stocked by most diy sheds.

Other sizes are also available :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back