Kitchen worktop outdoors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, a bit of advice required,

I've just finished my decking area
//www.diynot.com/forums/your-projects/bbq-hardwood-decking-area-well-it-is-winter.346641/
and would now like to turn my attention to the rear of the garage that is facing it.

As you can see from the image below
the brickwork isn't great and there's been some leaching from when all the excavated soil was piled against it. I'm looking to clad the wall and get a climber growing up, whilst at the same time fixing a worktop just under the window that will integrate my bbq, something akin to this

My questions are:

1) Is there any wooden worktop that would survive outside? I'd keep it covered from the rain but it will obviously suffer from temperature swings and high humidity.

2) If there is a worktop that would work how could I attach it to the wall? (I was thinking a number of M10 bolts drilled from the inside of the garage straight into the worktop.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Ideally you'd need something like teak or oak to withstand outdoor use.....the likes of kitchen worktop would break up in no time. Maybe a salvage yard could be an answer?
Your fixing idea seems fine, but a couple of peg legs at either end will be necessary for a stable job.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Stainless steel?

Could be integrated nicely with the BBQ...

ConnoisseurPro7Burner22.jpg
ConnoisseurPro8Burner22.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back