Kitchens - dryfit cabs, access panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking at new kitchen with assembled units. I can opt to have these dryfit which is to say not glued. I can then take them apart on site to cut holes etc.. Will I need sash cramps to glue these up when I have finished? 4? Or can I just stand them on end with a weight on them? Or make up some clamps with timber?

One reason I need to cut the panels is to have access to the rear wall where the junction box is for the oven and for the hob. Being able to remove the entire rear panel would be nice but I can't think of way to do that - is there a simple way? Or would the plastic doors you can buy be the easiest? Do I need to go dryfit to do cutouts in the rear panel or is dryfit more work than it saves?

The other reason I need dryfit would be under the sink where I think I'll need to leave the back off for the pipes, stopcock, etc.. Not sure what to do about the groove. Any suggestions? or standard solutions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Build units, offer up, measure and mark for services and cables then cut the back panel in situ. Very easy to do and looks nice and neat

Not seen kitchen units glued?
Why do you need access to junction box? Move it if it’s required.
Easy enough to replace rear panel with a rigid board which can be removed ( Keku catches).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back