Knife crime in London, another 4 dead.

Wasn't it Livingstone that told a reporter, who had been harassing him to get a story, that he was acting like concentration camp guard (or something like that). This lead to an accusation of antisemitism.

Sponsored Links
Notch's post perfectly illustrates the problem.

Is Israel being anti-semitic by attacking Palestinians?

Last edited:
I think the big issue is the religious / political environment. I read somewhere an explanation, which pretty much said you cannot criticise Israel government policy (e.g. dropping bombs on civilians, letting your police murder civilians) without being accused of antisemitism, as Israel consider the state/government and the religion is a single entity. Because Corbyn thinks it is wrong for Israel to take land from the Palestinians by force, build a wall, then kill any Palestinians that protest, he is declared antisemitic, and therefore put in the same group as Hitler and the Third Reich.

It's all just political games designed to undermine the opposition, and put doubt into the minds of the public. It is hard to not be influenced by the propaganda and spin. Of course, some people are antisemitic too!

Sponsored Links
Because Corbyn thinks it is wrong for Israel to take land from the Palestinians by force, build a wall, then kill any Palestinians that protest, he is declared antisemitic, and therefore put in the same group as Hitler and the Third Reich.
Semites comes from the word 'shem'...

It is defined as an ethnic, cultural or racial group who speak or spoke the languages.

Arabic is a Semitic language.

Thus it could be argued that the actions of Israel against the Palestinians could also be construed as anti-semitic...

I never knew that. Every day a school day!

Hello, @fillyboy did you miss this?

No El Al, I simply ignored it, as you ignored my reply quoting Livingstone's views on Hitler supporting Zionism and being instrumental in sending 60,000 jews to Israel, before changing his mind and killing them instead.
There are other incidents in the links I posted, read them. But it was his Hitler comments that got him suspended from the labour party.

I didn't see a reply quoting Livingstone's words. Where is it?

Wasn't it Livingstone that told a reporter, who had been harassing him to get a story, that he was acting like concentration camp guard (or something like that). This lead to an accusation of antisemitism.

To be fair jonbey, the journalist was Jewish and Livingstone was aware of that, not sure I'd class that as anti semitic, crass and insensitive maybe.

I still can't see a reply quoting Livingstone's words that you object to. Have you actually heard them?

"During an interview on LBC, Mr Livingstone repeatedly refused to apologise for making the comments, saying he was sorry if his views had upset Jewish people but he had simply made a "statement of fact" that had also been made by Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"I never regret saying something that is true," he said.

"How can I have hurt and offended the Jewish community when the prime minister of Israel said exactly the same thing?""

That's interesting.

Was what he said true?

Did Bibi say the same thing?

Is Bibi anti-semitic?

I still can't see a reply quoting Livingstone's words that you object to. Have you actually heard them?

"During an interview on LBC, Mr Livingstone repeatedly refused to apologise for making the comments, saying he was sorry if his views had upset Jewish people but he had simply made a "statement of fact" that had also been made by Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"I never regret saying something that is true," he said.

"How can I have hurt and offended the Jewish community when the prime minister of Israel said exactly the same thing?""

That's interesting.

Was what he said true?

Did Bibi say the same thing?

Is Bibi anti-semitic?

You missed this bit:

He told BBC London: "When Hitler won his election in 1932, his policy then was that Jews should be moved to Israel. He was supporting Zionism before he went mad and ended up killing six million Jews."

That's the line that earned him the condemnation of and suspension from the Labour party. What he said about Netanyahu was misrepresentation, as was his re-writing of history. If that wasn't the case, then surely he wouldn't have been suspended from the Labour party, would he?

You missed this bit:

: "When Hitler won his election in 1932, his policy then was that Jews should be moved to Israel.

Is that true?

Did Bibi say it?

Is Bibi antisemitic?

Sponsored Links
Back