Knife Crime ....why the puss footing about ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
never mentioned , that when plod pursued stop and search (years ago) they were accused of being racist ;)

I remember that. 20 or so years ago a police chief in London stated (correctly) that the majority of a certain type of crime was being committed by blacks. He was severely criticised for saying this, although it was the truth. This criticism and other events since has led to the modern police's "pussyfooting". It had been going on a long time even then, including the riots of the 1980s. It should have been nipped in the bud in the 1960s when violent West Indians first started brandishing their knives about (no offence to the majority who are peaceful and well integrated.) Severe punishment should have been meted out to certain individuals to convey the message that you can't come here and do these things. But that was the liberal 1960s so it didn't happen. Now we have to "tolerate" events like the Notting Hill Carnival, the success of which is judged by the number of stabbings and arrests.

All of which sums up the evils that "racism" has brought us.

Sponsored Links
In 2017, a total of 7,697 people died from alcohol-specific causes in the UK.
In 2017, a total of 29 people died from cannabis-specific causes in the UK.

speciousness ad infinitum and ad nauseum...………….

I've never believed the myth that cannabis is a peaceful drug. See how peaceful its fans are when you threaten their supply. Cannabis and the other illegal drugs are the cause of and are involved in much of the knife and other crime in the country. There are not many stoned hippies around nowadays - if its use was confined to them as a historical oddity it wouldn't be so bad, but no - it is the drug of choice for criminals now, hence its prevalence in prisons. You will struggle to find figures for cannabis in violent crime as it is not looked for, whereas alcohol is. Cannabis is the liberal establishment's drug - you won't see negative statistics about cannabis bandied about by our powers that be! You will always find it somewhere in the background or foreground of any crime. Cannabis warps the mind, it is ONLY taken for intoxication - you will find that the perpetrators of all the recent Islamic (and other) terrorist atrocities were cannabis "users" (stupid left-wing word!)

The very fact that people choose to take it when it is illegal shows the type of person you are pandering to - legalise it and you are giving in to the some of the worst people in society.

And on a more mundane, everyday level, it smells horrible. Why should we have to tolerate that smell, which is everywhere nowadays? During my lifetime we have fought, and largely won, the battle against tobacco smoking in public. The stink of cannabis is far worse.

I remember that. 20 or so years ago a police chief in London
Your persistent racism is blatantly obvious.

In his final report, published in February 1999, Macpherson would go on to label the police response to the teenager’s killing “institutionally racist”, a term that captured so well the unwitting prejudice and plain racial stereotyping afflicting parts of British society.
Macpherson defined institutional racism as “the collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture or ethnic origin”.
Two decades on, statistics collated in the government’s race disparity audit – one sign of progress itself perhaps – tell part of the story.
More mixed race people than white people were victims of crime last year; white offenders were given the shortest custodial sentences from 2009 to 2017 and black people are detained under the Mental Health Act four times more often than white people.

All ethnic groups have a higher proportion of people living in overcrowded homes than white British people (2%), with the most overcrowded being among Bangladeshis (30%). Home ownership remains far higher for whites than ethnic minorities, who are also twice as likely to be unemployed.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ism-britain-stephen-lawrence-inquiry-20-years

Sponsored Links
In my day every boy or alot of them carried a knife pen knife ect it was standard kit
My father always carried a pocket knife don't recall any one stabbing any one
Most of this knife caper is gang s d drug related

Yes exactly ;)
I dont recall anyone carrying any knife when i was a kid in 1960s,70s.

Your persistent racism is blatantly obvious.

In his final report, published in February 1999, Macpherson would go on to label the police response to the teenager’s killing “institutionally racist”, a term that captured so well the unwitting prejudice and plain racial stereotyping afflicting parts of British society.
Macpherson defined institutional racism as “the collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture or ethnic origin”.
Two decades on, statistics collated in the government’s race disparity audit – one sign of progress itself perhaps – tell part of the story.
More mixed race people than white people were victims of crime last year; white offenders were given the shortest custodial sentences from 2009 to 2017 and black people are detained under the Mental Health Act four times more often than white people.

All ethnic groups have a higher proportion of people living in overcrowded homes than white British people (2%), with the most overcrowded being among Bangladeshis (30%). Home ownership remains far higher for whites than ethnic minorities, who are also twice as likely to be unemployed.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ism-britain-stephen-lawrence-inquiry-20-years
What is considered overcrowding in this country could be the norm in some other countries.
In Bangladesh 20 members of one family can live in one house quite happily.
A lot of immigrants are exploited by fellow immigrants, the worst slum landlords are usually of foreign extraction.
Anyone remember the term "Rachmanism" refers to a slum landlord so notorious his name became synonymous with exploitation of tenants in his slum properties, most of whom were immigrants.
Rachman as his name suggests was not British but Polish.

You're out of touch again.
Studies/science has proven that alcohol is more harmful than cannabis in various ways including our health. And I can tell you, living near pubs, I've never seen a stoned hippy start a fight, throw up, shout as loud as they can, but I've seen plenty of drunk people do exactly that.. nor have I ever heard of someone on cannabis die from their habit, but I've had alcoholic friends I've lost touch with only to hear they had lost everything and died alone and far too young. I wonder too how many cannabis users arrive in A&E depts on a Fri/Sat night in hospitals up and down the country costing hundreds of thousands..?

Booze is so much more harmful. Just because it's legal, doesn't make it better and personally, I think it causes many more problems that someone smoking a joint. And no, I don't smoke it, not since I was a teenager.
Booze may or may not be more harmful but it is definitely a lot more fun.

What is considered overcrowding in this country could be the norm in some other countries.
In Bangladesh 20 members of one family can live in one house quite happily.
A lot of immigrants are exploited by fellow immigrants, the worst slum landlords are usually of foreign extraction.
Anyone remember the term "Rachmanism" refers to a slum landlord so notorious his name became synonymous with exploitation of tenants in his slum properties, most of whom were immigrants.
Rachman as his name suggests was not British but Polish.
Yeah? And you believe in creationism. Your attitude is racist. You invent 'facts' to suit your narrative. Your understanding of history is seen through filtered spec's.
So your judgement is suspect. Your information is invariably fabricated. Your opinion is so bigoted to be almost considered extreme.

Yeah? And you believe in creationism. Your attitude is racist. You invent 'facts' to suit your narrative. Your understanding of history is seen through filtered spec's.
So your judgement is suspect. Your information is invariably fabricated. Your opinion is so bigoted to be almost considered extreme.

:rolleyes: those comments apply to u "Himagin" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back