Knife Crime

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Very easy solution ......Carrying a knife on the streets results in an automatic sentence. Two years.

It used to be argued that enforcing seat belt usage couldn't be enforced.......

Obviously I'm talking about offensive knifes that's theres no utility use that an individual would be caring one for, not one in a tradesman's or the like's tool box.

Sponsored Links
Society has got more violent

Plenty are not deterred by long prison sentences

2 year, prison sen tence threat will not deter knife crime

When I was a kid every one had a pocket knife / pen knife with em

That's because there are very, very few long sentences handed out. You won't be considered for prison nowadays until you've committed at least 200 offences.

Sponsored Links

*******s. Society has gotten much safer in my lifetime, the 1990s had massively more violent crime and for the older amongst us it was even worse. I bet that if you look at the rate of murders in the year you turned 18 it'll be worse than now. Depending on your age, much worse.

Then do the same for any other crime, the long term trend is way down. There is occasional upticks but I'm guessing you're not 20.

Edit: although to be fair that general violence. Knife crime has risen, we are a more civilized lot these days so instead of beating people to death we have now developed tool use.

Last edited:
Chief constable on the radio yesterday

3 knife incidents per day on his patch

If it was not for the skills of paramedics that would probably equate to 3 murders per day

Chief constable on the radio yesterday

3 knife incidents per day on his patch

If it was not for the skills of paramedics that would probably equate to 3 murders per day
Again I say *******s. Not all knife wounds would be fatal without treatment, let alone treatment from Paramedics, thankfully.

plus if he said incidents, doesn't that include threatening people with a knife as well as wounding?

Again I say *******s. Not all knife wounds would be fatal without treatment, let alone treatment from Paramedics, thankfully.

plus if he said incidents, doesn't that include threatening people with a knife as well as wounding?

no he said actual attacks with knives and machettes , and praised the paramedics

prison has no fear for gang members

in fact if they went to prison they would probably live longer as the enviroment would be safer ?

prison has no fear for gang members

in fact if they went to prison they would probably live longer as the enviroment would be safer ?

I have friends who've "done bird". Gangs run the wings in some prisons so, yes, you're safer inside than out.

Yes but all those many many years ago did people get stabbed ? No ! now it's endemic

fact is (may be ?) that we live in a time were more concern is given about the criminal / perpertarator of violent crime than the innocent victims ?

there rights
there human rights

ect ect

the silent majority in this country are sick of it imho

Sponsored Links
Back