Knife Crime

fact is (may be ?) that we live in a time were more concern is given about the criminal / perpertarator of violent crime than the innocent victims ?

there rights
there human rights

ect ect

the silent majority in this country are sick of it imho
We live in a time when people are less violent. Possibly in part because we care about human rights.

It's always funny when someone starts a sentence with 'the fact is', then doesn't give any facts. :D

Sponsored Links
I remember few years back i bought a flicknife home from France day trip. I showed my old man and he said dont you EVER take it out, so of course i did and then got arrested with a friend for shop lifting (wasn't me!) I was so scared of being caught and searched with knife i somehow managed to talk the store manager into letting me go, taught me right there to never ever carry that knife on me in public again, i had no intention of ever using it but the problem is/was i was still stupid enough at 14 to do so. Absolute fking idiot i know and that's what you're dealing with plus some nowadays and i always thought i was relatively sensible.

We live in a time when people are less violent. Possibly in part because we care about human rights.

I do not believe that to be the case.

human rights ? some of the criminals of late should have to for go there human rights ?

and should be executed the day after there trial

retribution for what they did ;)

Sponsored Links
2 stabbed in Crawley Down today, possibly dead.
:eek:

My niece lives about 200 metres from that street.
I live 3 miles from Crawley Down.

Looks like a domestic, maybe the stress of Christmas has tipped somebody over the edge.

Discipline and the respect for teachers in schools is a disgrace

we work for a few teachers ,one of which is young and full of beans , threatened by parents , car vandalized ect

and she teaches at an infant school ffs

Carry a knife, spend 3 years inside, no discount for whatever reason.
Use a knife, 10 years, again no discount.
Prisons should be organised similarly to south America's: a couple of square meters each, cells with 30 prisoners, one toilet, no tv, no playstation, one hour in chains in the yard per day, one cold shower a week.
Then maybe the offenders would think twice before carrying a knife.
But of course the do gooders would not be happy.
The champagne communists would be campaigning for better conditions knowing that they would never come across these kind souls.
In other words, the common people like the most of us are in danger and there's nothing we can do.

Discipline and the respect for teachers in schools is a disgrace

we work for a few teachers ,one of which is young and full of beans , threatened by parents , car vandalized ect

and she teaches at an infant school ffs

another teacher said she would gladly teach an entire class of Polish children, there well behaved have respect ect ect

Prisons should be organised similarly to south America's: a couple of square meters each, cells with 30 prisoners, one toilet, no tv, no playstation, one hour in chains in the yard per day, one cold shower a week.
The champagne communists would be campaigning for better conditions knowing that they would never come across these kind souls.
In other words, the common people like the most of us are in danger and there's nothing we can do.

I agree, but i get the impression in the states it makes no difference, you see the cops out there with little to Zero tolerance, they shoot if you disobey let alone run from a cop or shoot back. Plus the sentences the way you're treated inside and the risk of the death sentence in some states, yet i still think we are on the whole safer in the uk? I think castration should be on the cards for repeat offenders of violent/sexual offences.

I've been to new York last year and never felt safer: there's a cop at every corner and police cars everywhere.
Of course I haven't visited the outskirts where all crime happens, but it's very different from London where you never see a cop when you need one.
It's a matter of political policies and priorities.
Clearly in uk public safety is not a priority and therefore the policies in place are strictly in favour of criminals.

I've been to new York last year and never felt safer: there's a cop at every corner and police cars everywhere.
Of course I haven't visited the outskirts where all crime happens, but it's very different from London where you never see a cop when you need one.
It's a matter of political policies and priorities.
Clearly in uk public safety is not a priority and therefore the policies in place are strictly in favour of criminals.

So why is the number of murders approx 3 times that of London?

I understand the punishment argument, I understand the immediate reaction to crime is harsher sentencing.
Unfortunately the facts prove that neither harsher punishment nor harsher sentencing reduce crime levels.

In recent years US has started to reduce sentences.
Fewer People Are in Prison in the U.S. — and Crime Rates Are Going Down Too, Study Shows
https://time.com/5646746/us-crime-incarceration-rates-drop-study/

Why Punishment Doesn't Reduce Crime
Evidence demonstrates why punishment does not change criminal offending

For the past five decades, the American criminal justice system has relied nearly exclusively on punishment as the mechanism for reducing crime and recidivism. The tough on crime era produced skyrocketing prison populations and the highest incarceration rates in the world. The goal was to punish more and more individuals and to punish them more severely
https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/...ent/201804/why-punishment-doesnt-reduce-crime

It's always funny when someone starts a sentence with 'the fact is', then doesn't give any facts. :D

We live in a time when you cant relay on the "facts" being correct. Many of us no longer report crimes, violent or otherwise as its a waste of time.

deterents are all well and good but how about retribution ;)

let the punishment reflect the crime that was committed ;)

Sponsored Links
Back