Knife Crime

Sponsored Links
Schools do a lot more today than they did when I was there to educate children about being good citizens - our school has regular discussions on gang culture, knife crime, cyber bullying, etc.

It's a multifaceted problem, which is why it is so hard to fix, and impossible with a one policy approach. Throwing money at just the police, or just schools, or just youth centres, won't make much of a difference. Communities need to work together.

It's a multifaceted problem, which is why it is so hard to fix, and impossible with a one policy approach. Throwing money at just the police, or just schools, or just youth centres, won't make much of a difference. Communities need to work together

Yes but RWR on here dont want to know.

you can tell them till blue in the face that harsher sentences dont reduce crime, but they cant accept facts
But then right wing policy that increase inequality dont want to admit that it is that which increase the crime rate...their answer is liberal snowflake.

Until Johnson and Trump are gone we will have to put up with this carp

It is nowadays, perhaps that's part of the problem.
Definitely. Especially when you have Heads deliberately massaging the figures. However, exclusions come with their own bureaucratic headache and are not taken lightly. Schools don't expel students just because they underperform or make the stats look bad.

Sponsored Links
Definitely. Especially when you have Heads deliberately massaging the figures. However, exclusions come with their own bureaucratic headache and are not taken lightly. Schools don't expel students just because they underperform or make the stats look bad.
There is a lack of support in social services, so difficult children end up being dealt with by the school or the police.

exclusion from school puts them on the streets....drugs, violence, jail follows
I have a friend that fosters and has experienced exactly that scenario happened.

exclusion from school puts them on the streets
Not in a majority of cases no. Some are given a chance at another local school if the DIP approves. Otherwise it is referred to the PRU.

Permanent exclusions are exhaustive on resources so are rarely sought.

But as mentioned before, PRU is a well-known recruitment ground for gangs now.

School exclusions 'fuelling gang violence'
`I agree. The point I was making is that schools don't automatically seek to permanently exclude a pupil. It is a last resort and one that costs a lot of money and resources. It's wrong to say that schools would always seek to permanently exclude on a whim or to make the figures look good.

Cuts to Police.
Cut to Social Services.
Cuts to Youth centres.

Who shall we blame? Anyone but the people making the cuts. Yet RWR like to call a spade a spade.

Tell an RWR thanks for your quote and I want to take you on but slash 25%. I wonder if he will come running or tell me to do one.

Cuts to Police.
Cut to Social Services.
Cuts to Youth centres.

Who shall we blame? Anyone but the people making the cuts. Yet RWR like to call a spade a spade.

Tell an RWR thanks for your quote and I want to take you on but slash 25%. I wonder if he will come running or tell me to do one.

Go do one :idea:
??

:LOL:

Perhaps you're right, and cutting police budgets, and cutting 21 thousand experienced officers, didn't do any damage to the police service.

Or perhaps you're wrong, and it did.

Have you written to Prime Minister Johnson telling him he shouldn't reverse some of the cuts made by his predecessor?

Adding 21000 more police would make a difference, but not a significant one, if they have the same (lack of ) powers as now.

Adding 21000 more police would make a difference, but not a significant one, if they have the same (lack of ) powers as now.

I do agree, the criminal justice system is broken.

I remember a mate of mine, a policeman saying quite often the paperwork and time required booking in someone they had arrested was so much they couldnt get it done before the end of their shift. So quite often arrests werent made if they caught somebody, getting to the nearest nick and booking wasnt worth the agro.

Im not sure but I believe quite few cases get thrown out by the CPS.

youth services, rehabilitation in prisons, .

They all come under the heading of "Being Nice to Criminals"

When people say "Policing has failed in this country" that really worries me - people are blaming the service providers, and often blaming the wrong ones, for rising crime, rather than blaming the fact that we as a country have decided not to fund the services that are proven to reduce crime.

Left-wing politics are to blame; they have infiltrated the police; the courts and the prison authorities. "We as a country" are not to blame. Most people of this country want criminals punished. Your sort are mainly concerned with the welfare of the criminal. A lot of the aforementioned knife crime in London is being / has been and will continue to be committed by foreigners. "We as a country" do not want those people here; they are not "us". Your sort want them to be. It's a numbers game.

They all come under the heading of "Being Nice to Criminals"

Utter bs

Nothing to do with being nice to criminals. These people are not criminals until they commit a crime.

The purpose of school exclusion is not to help the child.

Nor to help the parents

Nor to help society

It's to help the other kids by removing the disruptive undisciplined brat (s)

A head teacher told me he was being pressured to accept a disruptive primary school kid to his own school who'd been expelled from his previous school for carrying a knife, his statement " how can I subject my kids to this ?"

Sponsored Links
Back