knock through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, im due to do my knock through, got my steels and bolts. was measuring were the steels are going and noticed the external skin is normal brick and the internal skin is a terracota coloured blocks,the sort the spanish use. my question is. will they complicate the nock through :?:

Sponsored Links
By terrracotta block do you mean the extruded clay block used in many houses between the Wars?
If so, they will be hollow and this may present problems in supporting the inner beam. These blocks usually have thin walls (around 1" or less) and may not be suitable for supporting a point load from the beam.
If the worst comes to the worst, you might need to re-build a small amount of blockwork each side of the opening, in normal solid block, to form a bettr bearing for the beam.

that sounds like them tony. so basicly i just need to a good support on them ie a decent padstone or some engineerings. would have to be the inner leaf of the wall wouldnt it. so strong boys on acros will be enough support for the clay block. just got this vision when chopping out for the steel they will come tumbling down lol,with them being hollow and light.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back