L.D.V.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
should the government give more loan's to this company £30m to save jobs, L.D.V. say they are ready to put electric vans on road now, ahead of there rivals
so we should get our money returned quicker than from the banks , sounds good to me, but is it bull sh#t :)

Sponsored Links
Electric vans? :confused:

They cant even get electric cars right yet. One step at a time lads eh? I dont think it'd take off to be honest, think about the number of vans that have "power" outlets for other purposes, such as pneumatics, tippers, I cant imagine them powering pneumatic outlets from batteries

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Define "Almost able" to put electric vans on the road. Electric van's have been tried in the past and failed pretty badly, so yes LDV could tart up some 20+ year old technology and pretend it's relevant in the 21st century, like they've been doing with the sherpa since moses brought the plans down from the mountains, but I fail to see the benefit of wasting my tax dollars on it.

The thing is, why was no-one buying LDV? Were they crapp, or did no-one care?

LDV's problems stem from years ago ... they were in terminal decline, and they were just putting off the inevitable.

Anyway, I had a few days trial of an electric van just before Christmas - a Mega Van (that's not me BTW)

columbia+mega+van.JPG

Specially designed electric vehicle, and if this is the future, then I am buying a horse.

With a top speed of 28mph (less up hill or into the wind), you just end up with a load of angry people behind you. Range of about 30 miles - less if you use the lights, and much less if you use the heater!

It was the pitts

heater lol yeah never thought about that. Wont be any good in cold weather. I cant imagine them getting much heat out of those motors.

Range of about 30 miles - less if you use the lights, and much less if you use the heater!

If you carried a diesel generator in the back, you could use that to run an electric fan-heater AND to charge the batteries up again when they get flat.

It's a van, it's designed to carry big heavy things like generators and diesel tanks :rolleyes:

If you carried a diesel generator in the back, you could use that to run an electric fan-heater AND to charge the batteries up again when they get flat

Hmmm, I think you are on to something there.

Perhaps a diesel or petrol generator in the front, under a bonnet ... and with some more jiggery-pokery, it could also be adapted to drive the two front wheels.

The only problem I can see, is that to fit this all in, the batteries would have to be reduced in size and power, and probably will only be big enough to start the generator.

I'll give it some thought

Sponsored Links
Back