LABC certificate for each window??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am planning to replace all the upvc windows in my property and am aware of the requirement for LABC certificate which I don't have a problem with, however due to cost issues my plan is to replace each window as I decorate each room so I envisage the whole process may take over a year or so

My question is - as I understand it I should inform LABC each time I replace a window but this could get expensive - would I be better off getting a retrospective certificate after I have installed say 3 or 4 windows? I know it isn't 'by the book' but I'd rather pay a couple of hundred pounds to get say 5 windows certificated at once rather than pay £100 each time I replace a window.

Does anyone envisage any problems with doing it this way? As I said, I appreciate the absolute law-abiding way is to inform them at each window change but would there really be an issue doing it the 'other' way?

Have no plans to sell the house in the immediate future
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Phone your Building Control ask to speak to the inspector who deals with your postcode (not any old inspector who answers the phone) and get a dialogue going and see how he wants to play it, most inspectors are pretty amiable. That way you know you're speaking to the one who will actually be inspecting your windows and signing your certificate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back