Label gun ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to buy a simple device to label sockets, switches and MCB's neatly.

What is the recommended tool for this task ?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I went to Partners Stationers and got one for about £15.00 and a spare tape for about £5.00.
Works fine for me

Cheers

Sponsored Links
One that I can advise you not to buy is the cheap(ish) Dymo LetraTag on sale in Stapes. There's nothing necessarily wrong with it, aside from the fact that it will leave a good 15mm border on either side of the printed text. All well and good, but if you're creating dozens of small labels for MCBs then you've soon wasted as much tape with nothing on it as you've printed!

Quite happy with my older Dymo unit, which reluctantly went in the bin because I couldn't get tapes for it any more.

For CU's I've set up a series of MS excel pagesfor various CU types.

With split boards the provides labels are cack and look poor when used.

The xls sheets have been sized for heigh and width to match various CU's and with a colour printer I can bespoke the label to match the number of MCB's direct and via the RCD.

Being modest, I'd also add that the finish looks far more professional, cleaner and easier to read than anything else I've seen. Fixing them is done with prit stick or (when I get some more) via printing on whole A4 sheet self adhesive paper.

I've also started to do full house wiring maps / plans via visio, which for both initial design and final documentation is well worth while. At design I get the customer to sign the plans, which puts a stake in the job regarding exactly what will be installed and costed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back