Labour and the magic tree

festive is a philanthropist. He likes to give money to the rich.

Like those poor people on minimum wage or universal credit who buy lottery tickets to subsidise the Royal Opera House.

800px-Royal_Opera_House_and_ballerina.jpg

I bet fest watches a lot of opera

Sponsored Links
The problem is that our major economic competitors around the world have done all this already - the private sector won't do for the reasons you say: not enough profit. But the UK needs better internet if it is to compete, especially if we leave the EU. People overseas laugh at our crappy broadband, it's a national disgrace. But I guess some people are OK with 1990s technology...
Funny you should mention the past...

One has to admit that Corbyn's claim that his broadband would be free is a bit odd...

However thatcher vetoed BT from installing a nationwide fibre optic network so she could sell this public asset to her mates on the cheap!

The price then was £18bn apparently, but we would have been world leaders instead of always playing catch up!

And there lies the issue.. my parents friend put his absolute balls on the line for many years affected his health for a while (all care paid for privately) and made himself a good fortune should he be hammered to pay for 6 kid families no.

think about it -how many 6 kid families are sponging off the state and then compare to the billionaires who dont pay their taxes -dont fall into the trap of Daily Mail blame game -the right wing want you to get angry about 'benefit scroungers' so they can carry on avoiding taxes.

Or like those generous shopworkers who toiled on low wages and found their pension fund short of cash, so that tax-dodgers Philip and Tina could buy a bigger yacht.

wpf51a55e5_0a_06.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cost of Brexit will be shaving about £70bn off GDP - so there is plenty to spend on broadband and will still have loads left over.

Brexiters complaing about spending. The irony.
Yeah easy peasy bt virgin group etc go on sod off
.. short of 100billion over 8years or so accodding to the CEO of BT to flip. Sounds a bit Brexit to me :LOL:

Honestly as someone else said let's focus on the important services first not free broadband what next free 50 inch widescreen tvs no they have them already :LOL:

Last edited:
think about it -how many 6 kid families are sponging off the state and then compare to the billionaires who dont pay their taxes -dont fall into the trap of Daily Mail blame game -the right wing want you to get angry about 'benefit scroungers' so they can carry on avoiding taxes.
Loads are I'm sure.. dont get me wrong I'm not pro tory either but taxing the rich to make us richer as the answer is a fallacy too.

I watched that prog the other night some rich babysitter docu thing. This girl about 18 never worked from minted family living with poor family with 3 kids. But whilst I felt for them they were very young so it seemed evident she just started popping them out before making any financial planning for them.
I bet rich kid though never saw her dad because hes always working his ass off.
But yes theres a large gap in the middle that needs filling.

Funny how rich people who avoid paying a fair amount of tax blame poor people for the lack of state funds.
I do feel that maybe soon, probably not this election unfortunately, people will start to realise what the tories really are - the old aristocracy, eton old boys club, working in politics to protect their personal wealth. It's a corrupt system, far more corrupt than the EU. And the tabloids have convinced people that a fair distribution of wealth is worse than letting the rich avoid tax while the poor get poorer.

Oh you can wind your neck in..I got five kids to feed !!! I'm a poor man.

Talking of.. do the sensible thing stop poor families having so many flking kids they cant pay for how about stop at two any more and you pay for them not handouts. All these families with 567 brothers n sisters..
Have some back bone and say no sorry were not a charity.

And re wealth..
Ok let's look at it another way if you were to be throwing your money about in the UK as a v rich person youd soon be or possibly be targeted.
So best throw it around another country instead so the uk economy misses out. It's not a myth. And it turns the arguement on its head let's tax the rich.. it doesn't work they will never get to their billions

So I dismantled your point and now it's onto how many kids people have. You have just proven festy you have no idea whatsover you just spout what you read on the Daily Mail.

Who said tax them out of their billions. You have no idea, all anyone is saying should the super rich pay a similar proportion of tax as their employees?

Festy you really are a simpleton at times, go google your answer, maybe you might have a better response than your last efforts in micro services.

Going back to this broadband bs I completely agree with what Corbyn is saying about it.
But why now why hasn't he been campaigning for this for ages. BT is the absolute bottleneck to our speed of competition with the rest of the world.
But then he says it will.be free oh stopit ffs money tree again.

Last edited:
In my honest opinion, Philip Green is not the best example one can draw upon.
I'm not defending the odious tw@t, but he's made his money, not been handed it, and has risked everything (and more) in his early years, to get where he is today.

How he made his wealth is another question al together the issue is, should he pay a similar proportion to his employees?

You can amass as great a wealth as you like - good on you but should you then be able to pay tax at a lower proportion than your secretary?

Going back to this broadband bs I completely agree with what Corbyn is saying about it.
But why now why hasn't he been campaigning for this for ages. BY is the absolute bottleneck to our speed of competition with the rest of the world.
But then he says it will.be free oh stopit ffs money tree again.

vs the Brexit Money Pit. You like the sound of simple soundbites it helps you register your views easier. (y)

So I dismantled your point and now it's onto how many kids people have. You have just proven festy you have no idea whatsover you just spout what you read on the Daily Mail.

Who said tax them out of their billions. You have no idea, all anyone is saying should the super rich pay a similar proportion of tax as their employees?

Festy you really are a simpleton at times, go google your answer, maybe you might have a better response than your last efforts in micro services.
Says the academic with no common sense. That's the problem with people who think they have all the answers mind that bus :p

Micro what are they? Did you have a dream about me?

Its true though we shouldn't have what we cant afford like too many kids. I see it amongst my family and friends too many times...dont agree with it sorry.

vs the Brexit Money Pit. You like the sound of simple soundbites it helps you register your views easier. (y)
Nothing simple about the facts of BT tell me where I'm wrong go on..without throwing your toys out.

Funny how rich people who avoid paying a fair amount of tax blame poor people for the lack of state funds.
And yet they'll still happily rely on the NHS for emergency care/major operations which the private sector don't provide!

Says the academic with no common sense. That's the problem with people who think they have all the answers mind that bus :p

Micro what are they? Did you have a dream about me?

Its true though we shouldn't have what we cant afford like too many kids. I see it amongst my family and friends too many times...dont agree with it sorry.

Did you buy your house on a mortgage? If so you were consuming it before you owned it. Have you ever worked in a business that has taken out a loan?

Keep going festy you truly are digging yourself deeper into your Brexit Money pit.

Sponsored Links
Back