Labour tearing itself apart ......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It used to be the party of the working man, I can remember when that's exactly what it was.

Unfortunately the unions got too powerful and meddled in the politics via labour and that didn't work out well.

Then we had Blairs lot pretty far from working class don't you know.

But now we have this situation where It appears the militant left are a tempting to take over and as a consequence they're rendering the party inelectable.

But wow look how kinnocks turned out biggest example of a snout in the trough I can think of .....what a disgraceful clown

Sponsored Links
It used to be the party of the working man, I can remember when that's exactly what it was.
Yes.

Unfortunately the unions got too powerful and meddled in the politics via labour and that didn't work out well.
Well, the Labour Party was jointly formed by the Unions for that purpose.

All smoke and mirrors complaining, as the Tories do, that Labour is funded by the Unions.
That's the way it is. If they don't get elected, so be it.

]Then we had Blairs lot pretty far from working class don't you know.
Yes, hijacked and manipulated solely to gain power.

But now we have this situation where It appears the militant left are a tempting to take over and as a consequence they're rendering the party inelectable.
That's the trouble with democracy.

Some people are never satisfied.

Which would you rather have?

It will be if enough people vote for it.

That's the trouble.
Do you stand for your principles or say anything to get elected?

It's only a few marginals that make the difference.

Sponsored Links
You're right, it's only the marginals that make any difference.

I don't think many people will be following the Momentum brigade this general election, 'cept the boroughs in London who've driven it this far. If the Labour party were to split, with a centerist part and a left-ist part this would bring benefit (Particularly when/if they co-operate in the house of commons). As it is, the "working man's" party has been hi-jacked by Momentum which doesn't represent the working man/woman.

Nozzle

Labour is largely irrelevant to me now because of their remain stance on Brexit.

Once corbyn leads his disciples out into the wilderness they will be there for decades. He's doing a good job.

I would not vote for him but I quite like the bloke tbh.

Way I see it he stands for what Labour is or should be all about ???

That's rather puzzling.

Do you mean you only vote for people you don't like, or

you wouldn't vote for proper Labour?

I like the guy too, in some respects and yes, seems to be more labour than labour has been for a while. But I also think he's not good enough to run the party, he lacks charisma, sadly that's something leaders need.

I like Corbyn, I really do.

He's decent & he's honest, to the extent that sometimes he just keeps his gob shut when he knows that saying what he really thinks might work against him.

I like him for that.

I also like him for his acute sense of social injustice. I like him for that 'cos I can see why 'they' have a problem with him.

I too see some qualities I like in Corbyn. He seems more principled and honest than most politicians although that isn't saying much. Many of his policies are barking though and I'd never vote for them.

I do like the way he is causing havock with the Labour establishment. I'd love to see the Labour party destroyed for what they've done to the country. That said, I feel the same way about the Limp Dems and Conservatives too.

I like Corbyn, I really do.

He's decent & he's honest, to the extent that sometimes he just keeps his gob shut when he knows that saying what he really thinks might work against him.

The very opposite of "honest", imo.

"Honest" is saying what needs to be said, regardless of the consequences.

Sponsored Links
Back