Lack of mains pressure with Megaflow/ condensor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

My girlfriend has a new build about 5 or so years old... it has a Megaflow HE 130 I think, and a small condensing boiler in the kitchen... I would give the fit about 3 out of 10 generally, but it has all the right parts, and has not been meddled with actually.

The issue is that the pressure keeps falling, and thus the central heating keeps failing - so she keeps having to repressurise the system with the balance tap by the gauge... and it is highly annoying.

Is this indicative of low mains pressure, if so, how can she rectify this.... she has already forked out £2K on a new boiler before I met her, and I suspect that it may not have been necessary...

How do you think it is sensible to proceed on this, many thanks!

P.S... I'll have a search-a-roo too, as I know it's prob a common question!

Sponsored Links
Dear all,

Is this indicative of low mains pressure,

No. Low system pressure

if so, how can she rectify this.

You already know the answer to this. Top the pressure up.

How do you think it is sensible to proceed on this, many thanks!

Phone a local reputable heating guy who will come out and fix it for a small fee. It won't be expensive. In the meantime get a bottle of wine out, pop on a good DVD and have a cuddle on the settee. If the heating cuts out, have an early night ;)

What will they actually do, and how much should it cost... I don't want her to get ripped off again!

Wine and DVD always a winner!

Sponsored Links
What will they actually do, and how much should it cost... I don't want her to get ripped off again!

Fit a new pressure relief valve or trace the small leak. Probably under £100 but if more not much more. Depends who you phone.
Big company fast response, big overheads, big bill.
Small company or one man band, done when he can fit you in, smaller overheads, smaller bill.
Try to get a small reputable local guy who has been trading for a while. Ask friends or nieghbours for a recommendation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back