Ladder Safety.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been looking online at various ladder stabilisers for uneven ground. Has anybody any experience with the rubber mat type that go under the ladder or the small stabiliser legs that stand off the rear of the ladder. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
This should be in tools and materials.

But yes, mats are best used in cars, i had one (mat for ladder) heavy, cumbersome, and it had a large thick aluminium plat vertical in the middle (cross section is an upside down T)

becaus eof its cumbesome ness i "lost it" try carring a ladde over one shoulder and that in your free hand

I have seen "clip on supports" they seem too gimicky for me, and as they clip on the also clip off

Currently i have "ladder stabilisers" which are clamped onto the ladder, you can actually set the ladder up in a field and go to the top rung (without you extending it) and you really wont fall off.

only trouble is it feels like it weighs a ton, and as its permanently on the ladder it makes it alkward to carry (the side struts dig into your shoulders when carring it.

for my money employ an aprentice to stand on the bottom rung, he can then shout (abuse) at anyone who gets near. he can also carry the ladder

Thanks for your reply Breezer. Didn't want to spend money on gimmicks as some of them are quite pricey. Will have someone hold ladder.

Bag of sand placed at the bottom of the ladder, and tie it at the top.

I can't see how a mat or stabiliser legs wll work on uneven ground. Are your thinking of those feet that screw up or down to level the ladder?

Sponsored Links
the two feet of a ladder grip the ground well because of the pounds per square inch pushing into the ground. i can only think that spreading this weight will only seek to make the ladder less secure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back