Ladders for accessing downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, I have a downpipe that has come adrift above my kitchen extension that is now causing water to leak into the kitchen below. I need to be able to get onto the extension roof to reaffix the downpipe as shown in the attached pictures. I have a normal set of ladders but obviously they wont help here as I need to actually walk on the extension roof so I am wondering whether I need some special ladders to be able to access? Something like conservatory ladders would do the job maybe? Is there something I could buy or hire that I could attach to my existing ladders that would allow me to walk up onto the roof to repair the downpipe? Any suggestions greatly appreciated?

Downpipe_1.jpg

Downpipe_2.jpg

Sponsored Links
With that pitch and tile type, you would be just as safe getting on from a platform and walking up. You might be able to put a scaffold board above the veluxes and work off that for additional support.

Thanks for the replies thus far so do you think those tile are safe to walk on then? I worry that I might crack them but then I am a 22st lump so probably wont bear my weight?

Sponsored Links
Keep on the bottoms , steer clear of corners .
Take an extra down pipe bracket with .
Easy

Wear soft soled shoes, maybe lay something soft on the tiles, to cushion your weight, and you'll be fine. Add a second pipe clamp nearer the bottom, to prevent it happening again, so you'll need a drill, screws and plugs too.

Tie a couple of old pillows to the underside of a plank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back