Lafarge GTEC Moisture board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just to confirm (i've asked in 'Tiling' too):-

I'm boarding out the bathroom with this product (but haven't started yet ;) ). Not a lot of people report using Lafarge boards though.

According to Lafarge website

GTEC Moisture Board has one decorative green face with tapered edges

So the bright green face, with the tapered edges, is the one I face into the room for tiling onto.

Any confirmation appreciated.

Sponsored Links
So the bright green face, with the tapered edges, is the one I face into the room for tiling onto.

Any confirmation appreciated.
Yes, but why didn't you use square edge boards? I don’t normally use Lafage but British Gypsum certainly do square edge & it would have made your tiling task a whole lot easier! I still wouldn’t use it in wet areas though (shower or behind the bath); either tank it or use Aquapanel (or similar) instead.

Thanks Richard, I wasn't aware they were going to be TE boards, I'll just scrim them and level them off with jointing compound.

WRT round the shower, got Aquapanel :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back