Where to buy aquaboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys and Gals
This is my first post here so please be gentle with me!
I am replacing the plasterboard in our En Suite bathroom which has got damp and mouldy due to water getting in between the tiles. My father-in-law has suggested Aquaboard as it is waterproof and can be tiled straight onto afterwards. I think he is referring to LaFarge GTEC Aquaboard but unfortunately I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. Wickes do an Aquapanel product though. Is this as good or should I try to get the GTEC Aquaboard? B&Q do an Aquadry product but again I don't know if it is any good and it seems designed for wetroom floors rather than shower walls.
I would like to have it delivered if possible so ideally if anybody knows where I can find it for sale online or in my local area (North Wales/Chester) that would be great please.
Oh and before you say GIYF I have tried googling it... honest!!!
Many thanks
Darwood[/url]

Sponsored Links
They are all pretty much of a muchness. Topps tiles has Hardibacker 12mm for about £14.

Same with Auqapanel - it's FINE for what it is sold for - or they wouldn't sell it.

So much nonsense talked about bathrooms.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. I got the aquapanel from Wickes in the end.
Another question in the meantime if I may please. We've had to throw out the insulation that was in the en suite stud walls as it was damp and mouldy too. What should I use to replace it? The studs are 60mm deep. Does it have to be special acoustic stuff? Should it be the same thickness as the studs or a little bit thinner to prevent sounds from transferring?
Thanks again
Darwood

If you can use tile backer board then wickes sell it and the fixing for it tradepoint mite have it in stock if not I know thay will order it in aquaboard is good stuff we use it for rendering

I'd use insulation slab in the stud work if its a 60mm gap then you'll need somthing like 40mm as you need air flow

I'd use insulation slab in the stud work if its a 60mm gap then you'll need somthing like 40mm as you need air flow

No air gap required, full fill 100mm glasswool wil be fine, Its only for sound deafening.

Sorry was just going on regs we had on a recent new build timber frame sorry

No air gap required, full fill 100mm glasswool wil be fine, Its only for sound deafening.
I didn't realise it would compress that much. I was thinking I would have to give it a good squeeze at 75mm. Would 100mm give better sound deafening than 50mm in a 60mm gap then or doesn't it make much difference?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back