Laminate fitting in kitchen/diner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice please.

I have a few questions regarding the fitting of tile effect laminate flooring. Please find below a picture of the layout of my kitchen/diner (not to scale :D).

As you can see, I have little in the way of unrestricted parallel walls. Where do you think I should lay first? I was planning to run the planks from top to bottom (there are windows on both the top and bottom walls). Would the right hand wall be the best place to start?

I will trim the kickboards on the cupboards and go underneath them so that will be a nice finish. I will also be replacing the skirting, so will use spacers up to the walls, but what about in to the built-in cupboards? I would ideally like to put the flooring all the way in to the cupboards, but one contains my fridge freezer - is it ok to go under this? And what about the cooker and dishwasher?

As it's in the kitchen area (I know laminate is not ideal, but the wife has spoken :oops: ), I was originally going to glue it, but have seen this product

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/floori...l-Laminate-Joint-Mosture-Guard-125ml-12848861

I assume this would be better as it says it's flexible?

If anyone could assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Paul

edit: sorry, another question... we also have a storage radiator in this room. I'm unsure how to lay the flooring with this? I am worried that if we lay it underneath, the weight of the radiator will crack the boards, but laying it around it will be unsightly. Any thoughts on this one?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back