Laminate floor - acclimatisation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I was going to ask you about acclimatisation.
The vendor says 48h but on YT the same vendor also says about the need to have radiant heating ON during acclimatisation.
I don't have the heating turned on in the house at the moment but should I do it before and during the installation?
In my case 7-8mm thick laminate floorboards.

What is the exact reason behind this process? Is this the temperature, humidity or both?
Without heating the humidity is relatively high 60-65%. If I turn the heating on the humidity will drop and the boards will start shrinking.
I reckon I want to find a sweet spot otherwise it's going to be detrimental either in Winter or in Summer.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
48 hours in the room you are fitting to should be fine, It will make installing the floor easier. Installation can be more awkward if the packs are bought in from a cold garage to a warm room in winter but as a rule its a pretty resiliant product and 48hrs in the room should be fine this time of year. Underfloor heating should always be turned off 48hrs prior to install on this type of product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back