Laminate Floor Expansion Gap

• Thread starter roberta1000
  • Start date
R

roberta1000

Right forum? If not I'm sure someone will move it.

I'm laying B&Q TileLok laminate flooring in my kitchen and utility room. The instructions call for a 12mm gap at the walls and a 20mm gap between rooms. This seems like a pretty huge amount of expansion for a floor which is only about 2 metres wide especially when 1 side of it can slide under the units and it would mean a bit of an unsightly trim along the skirting board. Can I get away with less (a LOT less!)?

Sponsored Links
you might get a better answer in the flooring section which deals with laminate.

I'm no expert, but if you take the kickboards off the kitchen units, then start the laminate from underneath there, it makes that side irrelivent.

As for the skirting side, you could remove the skirting, lay the laminate, then replace skirting on top. If not you will have to have an expansion gap, which will need to be covered by quadrant/beading/laminate trim stuff anyway.

I may be wrong though :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back