Laminate floor - first timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting down a laminate floor in my kitchen (last job to be done) ass backwards i know, would have probably been so much easier to lay b4 all the units were put in..... :oops:
Anyway as i said first time i have ever done this - i am not a novice at DIY so appreciate i do not lay boards the same size side by side.
So do i start at a doorway and cut 3 boards at different lengths ?
And do i run the boards across the door or length ways away from the door.
I have just read that i have to leave a gap for expansion, this will not be a problem under the units but surely i must butt the boards snugly into the appropriate door bar ??
will put this job off until i read on on here for further advice....
thanks in advance..

Sponsored Links
you must leave an expansion gap this is usualy done by undercutting the door frame and arcatrave
are you shure your flooring is sutable for a wet area!!!
if it dosnt specificly say kitchens dont use it

is the door on the blank wall and opposite the units!!!!!

how wide is the floor between the wall and the units!!!

you have done the right thing by the way putting the flooring in last as the kitchen units will outlast the floor ;)
just make shure assuming you have enough height above the appliances you floor into the areas under the white goods or part floor and part board the thickness off the flooring to give a flat area so you dont have trouble removing them or dammage the flooring edge when removing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back