Laminate flooring in a 1m squared room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some tips please, I’m planning to lay laminate in my front lobby, the room is only 1m squared.

Would it be best to lay the flooring wide ways or length ways? Or is it just down to personal preference.

And also should I be staggering the boards in a room that small? As the boards are obviously longer than the room itself, it means a lot cutting to get the boards to stagger. TIA

Attachments

• 311EB5A8-9711-49E1-9CEB-943A84B6B7BD.jpeg
    311EB5A8-9711-49E1-9CEB-943A84B6B7BD.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
Yes, you do need to stagger the joins, or it will tend to hinge where the joins are if all in a line.

Yes, you do need to stagger the joins, or it will tend to hinge where the joins are if all in a line.
If there will only be joins in the "horizontal" direction due to the small size of the room, then there is no need to add further "vertical" joints as they will serve no purpose - the "horizontal" joints will still be there and the "vertical" joints won't offer any benefit. It would be like cutting bricks in half to strengthen a wall.

Also, lay the boards parallel with the door openings so that foot traffic has less of an effect on the joints.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back