Laminate flooring over concrete/concrete tiles???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I planning on putting some laminate flooring for the first time and before I have even started I have come across a problem where I am getting different opinions on how to solve so I was hoping those in the know here could clear it up! :D

In my passage I have vinyl tiles stuck (3mm thick) over concrete tiles (3mm thick) over concrete. I plan to remove the vinyl tiles but will I have to remove the concrete tiles aswell or can I just put the flooring over the concrete tiles with some thin underlay underneath (So it doesn't get too thick!).

Thanks! :?:

Sponsored Links
just some friendly advice dont buy your laminate floor from wickes its not "easy fix" as it said on the packaging, we had real trouble and 2 contractors as well after trying a few runs refused to lay it! now doing battle with wickes

You can put it over the concrete tiles no problem. You just need underlay that incorporates a damp proof membrane. Its usually shiny / smooth faced and has either a look of tin foil or a plasticy feel.

Its no thicker than normal underlay.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back