Laminate Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to lay laminate flooring on to a concrete underfloor. Builder has used a waterproof membrane below the concrete but do I need to use another one on top before I lay the laminate? Places like wicks and b&q have different types of combination underlying which say they stop moisture, any suggestions? Thanks,

Sponsored Links
How long has the concrete been down? You need to make sure it is dried thoroughly. It depends on the thickness. I'm sure one of the regular experts on here will tell you how long to wait before laying a laminate floor.
Back to your query, you would still need to get a combined underlay with damp proof membrane.

Super thanks. I bought a combi from homebase as b&q seemed to run out of there rubber one, doesn't look as good but hopefully do the job. Builder also suggested an extra layer of that cheap 2mm layer for some added comfort. Does that make sense?

Floor was screeded about 4 weeks ago, maybe 5 if I recall correctly.

Sponsored Links
Builder is wrong to be honest. The only comfort effect it will give is more bounce in the floor. If you think that's comfortable, by all means ;)

Builder is wrong to be honest. The only comfort effect it will give is more bounce in the floor. If you think that's comfortable, by all means ;)

He made it sound so attractive...On secon thought I'll probably just return both to homebase and get the rubbery combilay from wicks or b&q. Homebase one has a layer of what looks like styrafoam inside and then silver sheating on either side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back