laminate stairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just wondered ive got laminate flooring through the house and have seen laminate on stairs on the internet is this advisable i was told you get some sort of flashing for the front of the stair but cannot find them anywhere does anyone know the best place to find them and who would be best to fit it a joiner or carpet fitter did rest of house myself but dont fancy tackling the stairs :confused:

Sponsored Links
There are a few threads in the Floors and Stairs section of the Forum eg
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=661582#661582
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56967&highlight=stair+advice+anyone?
I'm sure there's a few more if you fiddle around searching for relevant exact phrases in the Floor and Stairs section of the Forum on the 'search facility'. http://www.google.com/cse?cx=003895...cse/home?cx=003895140536207806677:4mhqrzrqb9c

However, timber nosing or not you should think very carefully about it before you proceed especially if you have kids or elderly relatives ever visit //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1670551#1670551

Most laminate ranges that are suitable for stairs will come with the correct nosings that you will need. There are often two types of nosing available, one which flush fits into the tread pieces but personally I would recommend the nosings that have a lip on the tread as they provide 'feel' under foot at each stair edge. - From Pergo's website:

http://www.pergo.com/images/uploadedFiles/Accessories/8bfb6cf7-98a3-4c61-8a1b-6f1759c8ef07.jpg

Essentially and ideally the risers and nosings need to be boxed out so that everything is at a right angle to make the fitting of the laminate simple and visually most effective, so not all staircases lend themselves to finishing in laminate.

I would recommend a competent floor fitter that has experience do the job, he will possibly understand the product and the preperation requirement for the fitting better than anyone. It's not a job for a carpet fitter that fits a bit of laminate as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back