laminate to skirting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys ive read a few posts on what to do with the gap between the laminate and skirting.

In the flats I live in they have siliconed every room on the floor and up thr patio doors and windows. All around the patio door frame has now peeled up on one edge and on sevetal places on the floor the silicone has torn and come off either the floor or skirting. .

whats the best way to replace this. Should I take up the strips of silicone and re do it or can i put silicone ontop of existing silicon? or would frame sealant be better? Also any tips for getting the silicon up easily? And what is decent stuff to use?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Get rid of any unstable silicone by using a knife / sharp edge or whatever. Silicone removers do exist but there effectiveness is debatable.
Consider replacing the silicone with quarter round beading, pinned to the skirting only, to hide the expansion gap.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back