Laminate transition advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m about to start laying laminate throughout the whole ground floor. The manufacturer says to use a moulding/ transition if i exceed 9m in a straight run. My room runs 13m through to the kitchen/dining room. Is it really needed if I leave 10mm along the sides or is it standard?

Sponsored Links
Under a customer request I once installed laminate in a through lounge of 12 metres.
To my surprise, 10 years later nothing has happened to the laminate.
I always wondered if manufacturers just cover their backs knowing that people spill things and mop laminate as well as living in tropical climate in winter with condensation dripping from the ceiling.

Under a customer request I once installed laminate in a through lounge of 12 metres.
To my surprise, 10 years later nothing has happened to the laminate.
I always wondered if manufacturers just cover their backs knowing that people spill things and mop laminate as well as living in tropical climate in winter with condensation dripping from the ceiling.
Thank you Johnny. Have a good day.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back