Laminated flooring cowboy job by builder

Sponsored Links
Bottom line I've been taken for a mug, he done me over good and proper and now nowhere to be seen.....just trying to find a way to rectify his crap and make it half decent for my tenants.

The only way, it to rip that up and do it, or have it done properly. Hopefully you can buy more of the same laminate?

tbh to repair this to be perfect going to cost you if you want just to be ok then its probably 200/300£ in London

also depends on the tenants some will say that's ok some will say no way I'm going to walk on this laminate

Sponsored Links
tbh to repair this to be perfect going to cost you if you want just to be ok then its probably 200/300£ in London

It depends how much of the rest of the laminate is fit to be reused. Laying laminate needs some planning and the right tools to make a decent job of it. Obviously, the only tool he had use of, was a saw. Where he cut round that capped gas pipe, he should have marked and drilled a suitable hole, then cut a section out, to allow it to slide in, followed by the cut out section. The small gaps can then be filled with flexible matching coloured caulk. He not not even managed to click the panels together. The door frames could have been under cut with a multi-tool, so the laminate edge could slide under them. There is sign of any underlay at all, or even an attempt to clean the floor before laying.

It depends how much of the rest of the laminate is fit to be reused. Laying laminate needs some planning and the right tools to make a decent job of it. Obviously, the only tool he had use of, was a saw. Where he cut round that capped gas pipe, he should have marked and drilled a suitable hole, then cut a section out, to allow it to slide in, followed by the cut out section. The small gaps can then be filled with flexible matching coloured caulk. He not not even managed to click the panels together. The door frames could have been under cut with a multi-tool, so the laminate edge could slide under them. There is sign of any underlay at all, or even an attempt to clean the floor before laying.
I agree100% in ideal world but don't for get flats houses for tenants some times goes in unliveable conditions and so called I can do everything masters ,its on every corner this days my day rate is £120 I do everything and you see result

F#ck me upside down!
How the f#ck is this guy getting any business???
Does he move town every week???

to the owner of this post hand on hart how much did you pai and for how many work????

I agree100% in ideal world but don't for get flats houses for tenants some times goes in unliveable conditions and so called I can do everything masters ,its on every corner this days my day rate is £120 I do everything and you see result
£120 a day in London is awfully cheap

to the owner of this post hand on hart how much did you pai and for how many work????
It was part of a refurb, which involved rip out and installing new kitchen, moving gas pipe and washing machine location, plasterboard 5 ceilings and skim, skim 3 walls, painting ceiling, walls, doors, frames, laminated flooring, install soffits and painting external window frames.

This is on a 2 bed massionette.......including the blackmail money that he asked for when he walked out 2 days before my tenants were going to move in, looking at just labour £8300.......I paid for all materials but the way he worked he took money for them so he could buy as required for the job but I haven't seen any receipts so far.

F#ck me upside down!
How the f#ck is this guy getting any business???
Does he move town every week???

He moaned about the workmanship the kitchen fitter that he hired to do the install, but his own workmanship is on a different planet.
Weird thing is he has given me proof of id and address.

When it came to references before starting the job, he said some are on holiday and cos of covid they wont let strangers into their property.

also depends on the tenants some will say that's ok some will say no way I'm going to walk on this laminate
my tenants haven't moaned but were shocked of his workmanship. I'll try to fill with more laminate and coloured caulk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back