Lamona 3201 Under-counter Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Someone posted a thread here back in 2017 about one of these ovens (from Howdens usually) which died but where the cooling fan still worked, which is the problem that I've got. They said they swapped the fuses - I can't actually locate any fuses in my oven, is anyone able to tell me where they are located? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, I have a multimeter. I've located a thermal cut-out under the top cover of the oven which shows up as low resistance on the multimeter. The only other obvious component that could have been a fuse turns out to be a thermostat that regulates the cooling fan.

Sponsored Links
No, but the light doesn't come on either so it would seem to be more than the element.

Have you checked how the circuit is wired ? I would assume the circuit needs to be complete i.e. the element heating up for the light to come on

Don't assume that it's these so called fuses, I've never heard of fuses in an oven before , test the elements and fault find the entire circuit , 9 times out of 10 it's the element that has failed it's the weak spot in an oven

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up buying a new one but will investigate elements with the possibility of decommissioning the oven as a spare against the next breakdown. If I use a multimeter, what range of resistance should an oven element fall into when healthy?

If it is not getting hot then the element will be open circuit & it won't matter which range you choose. The same thing goes for if the filament is shorting to the casing ( inside to outside).

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up buying a new one but will investigate elements with the possibility of decommissioning the oven as a spare against the next breakdown. If I use a multimeter, what range of resistance should an oven element fall into when healthy?

Just do a continuity test

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back