Lamona microwave fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
meecrowaaway.jpg

I have a Lamona microwave and yesterday the fuse blew off when it was running. I could hear the sound and smell the smoke. I opened the microwave but I am unable to figure out where is the fuse. Attached is the picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nanny statement first...

Microwaves aren't appliances anyone should be messing around with, unless they know what they are doing.
The high tension capacitor can store enough charge to kill.
If a microwave stops working, pulling the cover off immediately is not a good idea. The capacitor wouldn't have had any time to self-discharge.
The microwave needs to be electrically isolated and the capacitor safely discharged before working on it.

If you have a model number, you could search here for spare PCBs that should show you the position of any fuses...

There is a high-tension fuse in an in-line fuse holder in your pic:

Screenshot_20230620-174037_Chrome.jpg

However, a fuse blowing is indicative of further issues. If the microwave is old, or cheap, it may already be beyond economic repair.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @RandomGrinch and @SFK for valuable advice. The microwave has been in use for almost 9 years ( based on when the previous owner did the kitchen). So it is probably time for a new one. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back