lamp search

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help I'm looking for replacement lamps for a sign.
They are commonly called festoon lamps, the type you find in the internal light in a car, a small glass tube with metal conical ends. I've done a lot of raking around but can't find them.
They are 42mm long by about 10mm diameter, 5.5ohm measured resistance, so I'm thinking 12v/25w, although 25W seems a bit high for the purpose. They are marked HATEG223-74X
Anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
ny chance of a picture, and what is the sign for?

to insert a picture, look in forum information

Try Halfords or other Car spares shops...take a lamp with you so you can match it.

I tried Halfords, took along my meter. Same size physically but a 12v/10W lamp is 1.1ohm, a 12v/5W is about 2.2ohms. Maybe I've got ohms law mixed up or my power formula is u/s, but I can't get a calculation to come near these figures. I'm puzzled
Judging by the lamps at halfords the lamp I have must be about 24v/5w

Sponsored Links
measuring the cold resistance will NOT give you an accurate power measurement for a lightbulb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back