Lampoassa Energy Consumption

Despite the fact that we knew our previous electricity consumption and could work out roughly how much the GSHP had used (hugely more than predicted) Finn Geo wouldn't really accept that our consumption was a lot more than they had told us it was likely to be. They tell me my own meter must be faulty (it's being checked next week...) and they have put a meter on the GSHP as we asked them, so we'll be able to present them with accurate figures; if it continues to consume almost twice as much as they quoted, which I think ours did over the last year, then presumably either the machine is faulty or they have mis-sold it (and they will be continuing to sell to others using the same very optimistic predictions). 12k seems an incredibly huge sum for annual consumption. We'll have to wait at least 6 months now to get an accurate consumption figure but I'll keep you posted. Let's at least all hope for no more compressor, soft start or dirty water situations...

Sponsored Links
Another fun item...

Once a month (giver or take a day) the entire systems trips outs, which we only notice when the water/house goes cold.

Does anyone have an idea why this is?

Thanks LEE

This kind of cutting out has only happened to us (so far...) when there was a faulty part, first it as the compressor, which was replaced, then the soft start, which has been replaced. (Currently the machine is using more than 100 units of electricity a day...)

I pray for 100 units - current usage 280 units a day :-S LOL

Thanks for your reply.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone have an update on how this turned out. Did you get GSHP energy consumption anywhere near levels promised and did faults get fixed?

Has anyone had any positive resolutions with gaining recompense for having a heat pump misssold? And then enduring huge electricity bills?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back