Land drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
On an earlier post there was talk of geotextile for land drainage, and it seemed to be agreed that it would be better not to use it. Could any one tell me what would be the one to use?. I have a garden that floods in a small part and could do with drainage, I've never used or seen this type of pipe so not to sure how to do it.

Sponsored Links
geotextile is a material, not a pipe.

its used by gardeners as a weed supresant, it lets water through, but noting to grow through it.

it can be found as grids but no mention of geotextile pipe.

as breezer says it is a filter memebrane that can also be used to wrap around perforated drainage pipes. personally i dont use it when we install the stuff when it clogs up. if you are looking at draining the garden, you can either use trenches filled with gravel, or land drainage pipes, which come in a coil, 25m or 50m long

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go down the gravel and trench way. Any tips on how it should be done, ie how deep, how much gravel etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back