Landing carpet and pets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Our landing carpet is in a real state and needs replacing (with something), I think one of our pets has had some accidents on it. Might have been the dog when he was a puppy during lockdown. I’m concerned that if we replace the carpet with new carpet the issue will remain and the dog or the cats will ruin our new carpet. Is this likely? Are there better options for landing flooring Including stairs than carpeting?

Sponsored Links
If you swap the carpet on the stairs for laminate/etc, you may find that the dog will have problems due to a lack of traction. When we still had our boys, they would run down out carpeted stairs, get to the vinyl flooring at the bottom of the stairs and then slide until hitting the front door...

Hello,

Our landing carpet is in a real state and needs replacing (with something), I think one of our pets has had some accidents on it. Might have been the dog when he was a puppy during lockdown. I’m concerned that if we replace the carpet with new carpet the issue will remain and the dog or the cats will ruin our new carpet. Is this likely? Are there better options for landing flooring Including stairs than carpeting?
Treat bare floor with vinegar to neutralise the pee and reduce chance of animals fouling again.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps it's better to start with a smaller-sized carpet and observe how the dog reacts. If the carpet works well, then transitioning to a carpeted area could be considered.
I actually did the same. I bought a small carpet. By the way from this online store https://www.valuecityfurniture.com/search/v/shop-all-furniture, and it stayed in place for about six months. My cat, now fully grown, didn't cause any damage. Later, I replaced it with a different one.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back