landlord certificates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can anyone tell me what the standard checks are required for a landlord gas safety certificate

Sponsored Links
Visual condition, saftey device operating correctly,ventillation, flue fume spillage test, operating pressure, flow test,check fuse (3amp) but no internal inspection of the flue. Must be done by a corgi registed engineer. Also it cannot be done by the landlord even if he is a corgi engineer.

Just to clarify - it's a bit like an MOT on a car. It is NOT a substitute for the annual service. It makes sense to do both together.

Plumber Will, what makes you say that a landlord can't do his own inspections?

It's something I have been wondering. I asked my CORGI inspector and he said it shouldn't be a problem; although he could see that it could be a conflict of interests.

If you know of something in writing let me know. As far as I know it's not in the Gas Safety Regs.

Mave

Sponsored Links
I don't remember seeing any reason why a Corgi landlord shouldn't do his own properties. I know of a couple with enough flats that they got registered for just that purpose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back