landlords and tenants

Sponsored Links
Before they have signed the rental agreement hand over a request for them to vacate the property in 6 months time if it's not cared for.

I was a landlord for a few years while I rented out my place as I moved away from the area. You get some good tenants and all is ok then you get one set and boy does the **** hit the fan

I ended up out of pocket by over 10 grand, my tenants were two people sharing the house, one was in the army and the other a friend. He was paying half to her while he was away in afghanistan and she stopped paying everything

As a landlord you are powerless, I was unable to enter property, when he came back the army was unhappy as it put them in a bad light so he ended up paying half of the debt owed even though he had already paid her. I had to go to court to evict her which took a few months all the while she was still paying nothing.

Finally got back into a trashed property - I managed to get a "garnishcy" order on her through the court so money was taken direct from wages at £30a month (wow) as she worked for nhs. This worked for a month then she left job, closed account and dissapeared.

I did everything by the book it took over 3 months and cost me about 10k in repairs, lost rent etc. Next time if I ever rent out again I would get some "friends" round to help them leave and squat in the house

I am not sure what the legal right would be on that as they would have as much right to be there as the tenant as the tenant would have no valid tenancy aggrement so would lose there right -

Sponsored Links
There is a landlord 2 doors away from me and he has had the last 2 tenancies end with them both doing a runner leaving him with unpaid rent and loads of trash and damage for him to sort! :rolleyes:

Not worth the hassle if you ask me.

this site might be of some use .

Mickymoody

mercy me... there has been nobody seeing life the way you have.. so where is the statue...

I'll ask my friend if he still has the pictures he took when his tenant did a runner and post a few on here. ;) ;)

Very few private landlords bother to visit the property every month or so to inspect how the tenants are looking after it.

It all comes down to risk management, and there are very basic checks to do pre-tenancy and during the tenancy to minimise the risks

Thanks, ajrobb, you were more help than anisa.
THE FIGURES SHOW THAT WITHIN THE LAST YEAR 400,000 LANDLORDS HAVE HAD TO GET COURT EVICTIONS TAKE PLACE
solicotors fees, court fees, baliff fees, locksmith fees, decorating fees, and loss of rent, and you trying to say 95% of the people are honest
but

The ITV Website said:
A survey by the National Landlords Association revealed that 43% of landlords were owed money by tenants… that means over 400,000 private landlords wondering how to get their money back.
It doesn't say they went to court or paid locksmiths fees or the rest. It says they claim they're owed money. 43% of what? I have no way of knowing if this trade association polled all landlords at random, or mostly bad ones, or if it mostly got replies from people who felt they had something to moan about. Trade Associations are not necessarily unbiased. I wonder how many tenants feel they are owed money by landlords, for example in stolen deposits or repairs not paid for?

Did you do reference checks before you let the property and was the property let to housing benefit claimants?

all refs checks and agreements were signed, she was a nurse whom had 2 kids living with her, i found out after got into the property that the kids were taken of her by the social due to not been taken care of.

she was my worse nightmare come true, flithy as anything the house stunk had fleas the lot. i dont know how people live in that condition.

JohnD for gods sake dont you think your missing the point here! Landlords are losing out its on th rise.
will it really matter if you have a figure? what will say if you do?.

have you ever been a landlord? the fact is that if a tenant owes you money theres nothing you can do about it and any landlord is not going to leave someone in their house for free so they have to get a court order which costs after that to get the tenant evicted you need balliff as the law does not allow you to enter house even with an court order.

locksmiths come after the baliff as any landlord is not going to instruct an baliff to break into the house as going to cause more damage.

anything else you wana know?

I already know you were wrong when you said "WITHIN THE LAST YEAR 400,000 LANDLORDS HAVE HAD TO GET COURT EVICTIONS TAKE PLACE
solicotors fees, court fees, baliff fees, locksmith fees, decorating fees, and loss of rent"

so do you now.

Not many businesses are money for old rope. It's hard work running a profitable business, and you have to understand that before you go into it.

I already know you were wrong when you said "WITHIN THE LAST YEAR 400,000 LANDLORDS HAVE HAD TO GET COURT EVICTIONS TAKE PLACE
solicotors fees, court fees, baliff fees, locksmith fees, decorating fees, and loss of rent"

so do you now.

Not many businesses are money for old rope. It's hard work running a profitable business, and you have to understand that before you go into it.

and are you talking from experience and for your info ive been in business for the past 8 years from the age of 18

Sponsored Links
Back