BTL - rent arrears question

Horrible man

How?

We wrote off the arrears & even helped her move. The point is that her council wouldn't help her until she became homeless, to the extent of attempting to school her into 'getting one over' her landlord.

Sponsored Links
Let's be clear.

It is NOT "a pathetic exercise" fact!!

You think we got the big bully bailiffs to drag her out screaming & kicking?

Not at all, quite the opposite. The exercise was pathetic because everyone involved knew that she really did need a smaller, cheaper place to live. Yet they wouldn't/couldn't do anything about her predicament until she became unintentionally homeless.

How?

We wrote off the arrears & even helped her move. The point is that her council wouldn't help her until she became homeless, to the extent of attempting to school her into 'getting one over' her landlord.

You can't get blood out of a stone
You prey off others misfortune.

You think we got the big bully bailiffs to drag her out screaming & kicking?

Not at all, quite the opposite. The exercise was pathetic because everyone involved knew that she really did need a smaller, cheaper place to live. Yet they wouldn't/couldn't do anything about her predicament until she became unintentionally homeless.

You know I did not mean you.that!!

I was referring to the situation generally, every situation like that.

So what makes you think that the housing office can tell that your situation was genuine, which I'm sure it was and then others that will play the sytem were not genuine???

If I rented out a property in that situation, I'd personally spend hours if required making the case for the lady and left her there on what rent she could pay ffor possibly years. Surely she would have been entitled to some help with the rent and I would have managed on that until things were sorted.

Back to the point I made and to be clear and I stand by it. The council has no choice but to use that system of eviction otherwise many will play the system as they do know and it will just be another way to jump the free housing ladder for some.

I am with the coucil.

Btw, the properties we let out. We had decided that if any of the T's had problems during covid, we'd be very flexible even if the new rules had not come into play at the time.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
So what makes you think that the housing office can tell that your situation was genuine, which I'm sure it was and then others that will play the sytem were not genuine???

Had a "Haunted House" story in your local papers recently?

They come up every few years or so, young single parent/couple/family in a council house that just happens to be haunted by the poltergeist of the previous tenant.

Is the house haunted? No, nobody in their right mind thinks it's anything other than someone looking to move house (probably nearer to their mum).

Local rags & the scum that write for 'em, love this kind of story, so they sensationalise it & sit back while the idiots lap it up.

Why don't the scumbags write about the 'REAL' problems?

Had a "Haunted House" story in your local papers recently?

They come up every few years or so, young single parent/couple/family in a council house that just happens to be haunted by the poltergeist of the previous tenant.

Is the house haunted? No, nobody in their right mind thinks it's anything other than someone looking to move house (probably nearer to their mum).

Local rags & the scum that write for 'em, love this kind of story, so they sensationalise it & sit back while the idiots lap it up.

Why don't the scumbags write about the 'REAL' problems?

Get real mate.

Why did you not help the poor 72 year old widow by leaving her there as I said, I'm sure the coucil would have paid a good percentage of the rent

Let's get real about the stories/press you posted, they as bs stories but don't forget that I've worked with people in the comunity for over 20 years and more that 80% of my cleiants were in taxpayer funded property and the stories I used to hear, EG, why cant they move to be nearer to xxx, they need a bigger property, its diffuclty parking their three cars on the road, the coucil arr @@ as my daughter has two babies and living with me she needs a house, the area is not nice, the house need decorating, why do all the @@ the proerties - most failed to note to get those options you had to buy your own property and when you buy your own you could easily lose it all if you did not pay your mortgage or debts

The "scumbags" you refer to have to deal with bigger scumbags that PLAY the sytem mate and F it up for the genuine.

I hope you understand now

So why did you not allow the old widow remain in your BTL???

So why did you not allow the old widow remain in your BTL???

You jumped to the conclusion that I instigated the whole process of an eviction. Not unusual in those hard of thinking.

She wanted to move. She went to her local council with the idea that they'd fully support her move towards a nice little warden aided bungalow. I just went along & worked with her to help her to satisfy the bureaucracy . . . . She & her late husband had been in the property for longer than I can remember & they were model tenants. We wrote off a few 1000's in rent arrears & IIRC contributed to her removal costs.

Big b@d B@$t#rD that I am.

Anyone know what the REAL reason is they don't build enuff social housing???

Not the reason they tell you silly, the REAL reason.

Because with the responsibilities, the poor rental income and the cost of building and going through the planning, it's a financial nightmare!

She wanted to move.
Big b@d B@$t#rD that I am.

Ah so!!! So you moved the goalposts now and now "she wanted to move" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Initially you was slagging off the council for making you evict her and after all that "she wanted to move" lol!!

Why the heck does she quilfy for a "warden" manged "bungalow"?? Why not a warden controlled flat and these are very easy to come by - so why not that??

The fact is that I and another poster asked you why you was trying to kick out this widow and you came back with slagging the coucil workers then you added that "she wanted to move."!!

Now you have also added asfter I asked you that you wrote of rent. I', sure this was in response to my question why you did not allow her to stay after you said "she could not afford the rent" and I told you the coucil would have paid a good percentage.

Sorry, but I must :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bottom line and I've said this before many times on other rental threads - we take in nice people and if they have been nice to us, me and my family will be extra nice to them should they fall on hard times.

You want to add anything else??

Are you pulling our legs here is this a joke question???

anyone with some comprehension of working, paying taxes to our gov to squander will know that everthing costs money, fact!!

Chum, if money was not a problem, the "council" as you put it would give everyone a free home.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chum, if money was not a problem, the "council" as you put it would give everyone a free home.

it's interesting that we have enough money to pay housing benefit, but not enough to build social housing. this is a policy decision.

there is something wrong with a country where a young couple can't buy a home on a mortgage. But they can pay somebody else enough to buy a home on a mortgage.

it's interesting that we have enough money to pay housing benefit, but not enough to build social housing. this is a policy decision.

there is something wrong with a country where a young couple can't buy a home on a mortgage. But they can pay somebody else enough to buy a home on a mortgage.
Part of me gets where you're coming from, however for some (many?) being tied to a regular mortgage payment comes with its own risks. Take the tenants I'm referring to in this thread, young couple, 3 kids, she doesn't work, he seems to get jobs that aren't secure, so he finds himself in/out of work. In a rental, and obviously I don't think this is great from a LL's perspective, they can slip into arrears. Here in Scotland, it's becoming ever more difficult to evict tenants (clauses that used to be mandatory are becoming discretionary to the court) so they can often remain in a rental property month in month out running arrears.

I'm not sure they'd have the same flexibility if in a mortgaged property? I'm not saying they wouldn't, I'm saying I don't know.

Sponsored Links
Back