landlords safety cert?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
i moved into a rented house and the landlord asked me to do the annual gas safety cert,i'm corgi reg'd and have flicked through the regs to see if its allowed to do your own certs,so this is my question am i allowed to do my own cert for the landlord as i live in the property ?

thanks in advance

kev

Sponsored Links
Cant see why not...as if something goes wrong and you are found to have been incompetant...you are still going to the clink!

hi all,
i moved into a rented house and the landlord asked me to do the annual gas safety cert,i'm corgi reg'd and have flicked through the regs to see if its allowed to do your own certs,

Are you self-employed or working for an employer? ISTR that your employer's CORGI registration doesn't cover you for moonlighting jobs.
A Corgi bloke will confirm, or not, presently.

Sponsored Links
you are not doing the job for yourself, you are doing the job for the landlord, it doesn't matter who the tenant is, but the point just mentioned is more relavant are you an employee working under your employers CORGI reg no: if so you cannot do the work, if you have your own CORGI reg number nothing to stop you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back