Landlord ignoring all emails for payment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I received a call from a landlord, asking for an urgent Landlord Gas Safety Check to be completed due to his tenant complaining that one had not been completed after she had moved in 3 weeks prior.
I emailed all documents through to the landlord once complete; the landlord is now ignoring all email attempts to get payment for the gas check.

Any ideas on what procedure I can go through to get payment?
If all else fails I was wondering if I can report him to the local council for renting out properties without a gas cheque? Sounds petty but I only charged him £35 as a favour and did my best to help him out. Last time I will ever do Gas certs without payment first.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Write to him saying his Tenant was concerned they did not have the Gas Check safety notice which is against the law,
and if he does not pay up you will refer the matter to the Council.

Sponsored Links
Don't you guys read the warning signs?

A landlord who lets a new tenant move in without a gas safety certificate is obvious a penny pincher and someone likely to try to avoid paying.

Letter before action and summons will at least give him a CCJ and might prompt payment.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back