Landscape fabric staples/pegs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am going to be putting down some landscape fabric and then some gravel. I have seen some sites recommend that the fabric is pinned down before the gravel is put on top. Is there any reason good for doing this? Presumably the pins are there to hold the fabric in place, but surely the fabric wouldn't move once the gravel is down in any case.
Thanks in advance,
wrathkeg

Sponsored Links
From my experience when I didn't pin the sheet down the gravel crept under the joining edge and it eventually lifted up through the gravel.

I scraped the gravel back and pinned the sheet down with 4" nails and washers along the joining edges. Much cheaper than fabric pins or staples. Pack of 50 nails and 50 washers (1" washer with a small hole through the middle - cant remember what they are called) cost about the same as 2 x 10pack of fabric pegs.

I think the edges and the joining edges are all that need pinning, simply to stop the gravel creeping under the edge. I don't think there's any need to pin anywhere else.

Thanks. That's really useful to know. Good tip about the nails too. With a bit of luck I may not need to join too many edges, but there will be some.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back