LAPTOP CHARGERS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the second time in a year my daughter has destroyed the cable where it enters the plug on her laptop, (replacement transformer and cable c £44). A cable situation I'm sure most have had. WHY is it that the cable between laptop and charger is not replaceable???????
It could and SHOULD be.
Anyone know of any campaigns to sort this? If not, I'm happy to start one but how do I go about it? Just emailing the local MP wouldn't be enough.

Sponsored Links
What kind of lap top is it?
perhaps you should invent a cable.

For the second time in a year my daughter has destroyed the cable where it enters the plug on her laptop, (replacement transformer and cable c £44). A cable situation I'm sure most have had. WHY is it that the cable between laptop and charger is not replaceable???????
It could and SHOULD be.
Anyone know of any campaigns to sort this? If not, I'm happy to start one but how do I go about it? Just emailing the local MP wouldn't be enough.

£44?

I bought my HP laptop a replacement for that exact reason, £6.35 with free delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F-65W-HP-COMP...erSupplies&hash=item414eb82a2e#ht_3968wt_1139

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Love to but can't find one the right size but anyway it's the principle.
OK I have the ability to solder a new plug but 99% don't and are being RIPPED OFF as usual in Great RIPOFF Britain.

The PSU`s are the same in every country.
Look at yours, 3 or 4 languages written on it. UL listing CE approved, Iram. Get the drift?
Blame the makers not the country.

It could and SHOULD be.

Yup got mine on ebay..similar price f.o.c delivery

£44?

I bought my HP laptop a replacement for that exact reason, £6.35 with free delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F-65W-HP-COMP...es&hash=item414eb82a2e#ht_3968wt_1139[/QUOTE]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Love to but can't find one the right size but anyway it's the principle.
OK I have the ability to solder a new plug but 99% don't and are being RIPPED OFF as usual in Great RIPOFF Britain.

I was using solder on mine but movement eventually makes it fall off again

There are 3 different connections that I had to solder in the end I thought FK it and was very surprised to buy one for under 7 quid

They even sent out the wrong one as my laptop has 2 different sizes, quick email fired off and 2 days later the right one arrived and they also told me to keep the 1st one which I sold for £10 to my mate as he needed a new one too and it just happened to fit

As this is the second time she has done it, either:
Make her pay for a replacement or
Take the laptop off her for good.

two very simple solutions.

After the first time she should have learnt to value something that costs at least £300 and if she doesn't then take it off her.

Why is your daughter capable of using a laptop, but has an aversion to the power lead?

What is she doing to break the power lead, but able to use a computer?

Is that technology available to children, but they don't understand the need of power leads? Why a child so young would break power leads, but available to the technology?

My kids are grown up, but I would not let them use a laptop, when they don't understand the difference between a power lead and a mouse.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F-65W-HP-COMP...es&hash=item414eb82a2e#ht_3968wt_1139[/QUOTE]

Because everyone wants to buy cheapest chinese tat.

Why is your daughter capable of using a laptop, but has an aversion to the power lead?

Is that technology available to children, but they don't understand the need of power leads? Why a child so young would break power leads, but available to the technology?

Funnily enough, cables on mobile equipment get damaged in use. Laptops, power tools, anything which gets picked up and moved with a cable attached can and will have that cable damaged.

Because everyone wants to buy cheapest chinese tat.

Funnily enough, cables on mobile equipment get damaged in use. Laptops, power tools, anything which gets picked up and moved with a cable attached can and will have that cable damaged.

Not that I ever experienced..Wires are pretty solid where I live, never had a broken cable, that I recall..

Having cut through the power cable of a planer and belt sander I know it's easy to damage cables/flex with power tools, but I've never done so with a laptop and have been using them for over twelve years mainly on the go.

As far as I know none of my colleagues have either, so I don't think it can be that regular an occurence.

Sponsored Links
Back