LAPTOP CHARGERS

OK the damage is where the cable enters the plug ...too much flexing the copper breaks internally, Lenovo laptop , have now found a replacement for £24.99. If none of you have had this kind of problem I am surprised to be honest BUT if anyone knows where I can get the right sized plug for it (to resolder) I would be grateful... spent hours searching the net. Maplin have the best range but not the right size

I have told her she's paying, she has no respect for anything, as still at college with no ema that will hopefully hurt enough :D

Sponsored Links
OK the damage is where the cable enters the plug ...too much flexing the copper breaks internally, Lenovo laptop , have now found a replacement for £24.99. If none of you have had this kind of problem I am surprised to be honest BUT if anyone knows where I can get the right sized plug for it (to resolder) I would be grateful... spent hours searching the net. Maplin have the best range but not the right size

I have told her she's paying, she has no respect for anything, as still at college with no ema that will hopefully hurt enough :D

Even £24.99 is way too expensive, have you checked EBAY

If this is going to happen again surely you want to go buy the cheapest!!

Had it quite a while now and its still working fine, don't the Chinese/Japanese make all this kind of stuff anyway

There's a difference between cheap stuff on ebay and what is sold with brand name equipment. Usually.

I think most would agree the majority of opinions are worthless

Very true. Yours included.

Strange how I get twice as many thanks as you..

Sponsored Links
Had it quite a while now and its still working fine, don't the Chinese/Japanese make all this kind of stuff anyway

There's a difference between cheap stuff on ebay and what is sold with brand name equipment. Usually.

I think most would agree the majority of opinions are worthless

Very true. Yours included.

Strange how I get twice as many thanks as you..

That's my general assumption on what posts of yours I do see and can you blame me?

Regarding the power supply being of a brand name, do you go by that same logic when you buy brillo pads ?

Some things I agree do have to be of quality production like speakers and furniture but not everything

That's my general assumption on what posts of yours I do see and can you blame me?

Can you blame me for thinking the same of most of your posts?

Regarding the power supply being of a brand name, do you go by that same logic when you buy brillo pads ?

When was the last time you had a brillo pad catch fire?

I am an electronics enthusiast. I know a number of electrical and electronic engineers. I've seen more of this cheap stuff go up in flames than you've ever handled, and I cannot support the recommedation, sale, or use of it.

I try to keep my sarcasm down to a minimum and tend not to get drawn into any flaming wars but some people on here make that very difficult, :LOL: :LOL:

Should I have a BS British Standard number on this power supply, it was shipped from somewhere in UK

I don't believe there is a BS which applies to these devices.

Either way, the label is hardly a reliable indicator of the components inside a sealed plastic case.

So if a branded one is 10 times more expensive does that mean its 10 times more likely to not catch fire?

So if a branded one is 10 times more expensive does that mean its 10 times more likely to not catch fire?

Here we go with the silly questions.

You want to buy cheap chinese stuff and have no idea what's inside it, go ahead. Just please don't expect me to sit quietly by while you advise other people to buy it too.

You want to buy cheap chinese stuff and have no idea what's inside it, go ahead. Just please don't expect me to sit quietly by while you advise other people to buy it too.

Wasn't meant as a silly question

Apple and Dell had issues with laptop power supplies overheating a couple years back.

So even reputable manufactures can have issues.

I try to keep my sarcasm down to a minimum and tend not to get drawn into any flaming wars but some people on here make that very difficult, :LOL: :LOL:

Should I have a BS British Standard number on this power supply, it was shipped from somewhere in UK

My original ones from Dell and Lenovo only have the CE mark, no BS mark.

Cheers

G

My girlfriend gets through laptop chargers at a similar rate to the OP. The brand name stuff breaks just as much as the cheap Chinese imports, and in my experience there's not much difference in quality between the two. Maybe we're just lucky that our cheap Chinese imports have been better quality than your cheap Chinese imports.

Personally I think it's to do with the positioning of the laptop. The front of it is often angled upwards and you can see the strain in the connector. If you can ask your daughter to position it so the connector's not bent it'll last a lot longer.

What you need is one that has a 90 deg plug on it. I used to go through loads til i got one.

ip_gpaclpc_gpa105clpc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back